Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Stephen King's Christine (1983) and The Car (1977)

Stephen King's Christine - love that lens flare!
Christine, I love love love the horizontal lens flare effects Carptenter used in several scenes.

I like the blue beams the best when they stretch all the way across the screen.
...and that eerie high pitched sound like when the lights pop on, oh yeah!


The 1983 movie, Christine, directed by Carptenter and based on Steven King's book... was a damn good movie! I can't believe I never saw the whole movie before, but I finally watched it a day or two ago.

As a kid I remember Christine being a thing, yeah it was known to me, but somehow the closest thing I watched was "Car" or "The Car"... which was pretty fun as a kid at least.

I seem to recall this demonic car was afraid of grave sites... probably churches, too. 
Now with the power of imdb and google I am shocked to see that The Car was in 1977, whereas Christine was written and the movie came out in 1983. King ripped off this movie a little or what? Well, the movie played out very differently at least I am sure.

So that guy in The Car is James Brolin, Josh's dad. You know, the guy in all the movies lately. Cool guy. I also think I saw the evil boss from Robocop in here as another policeman... yep  Ronny Cox.   

Now if I can just find a shot of the car when it's window rolls down an inch to reveal Dun Dun DuuuUUUNNN - NO DRIVER!!! I love that scene. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment