Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2024

D&D Cartoon's Monsters, Let's try to Identify some

 

This guy I mentioned in another post... 

Looks a lot like this guy on the left. Are they goblins? I think so. Is that a 3 headed Ettin on the right? 

Who's the lady with the pink glasses? Easter Egg... somebody's least favorite teacher maybe? The light green guys are trolls I think... they have an obvious troll in another shot somewhere. 



I've always been a fan of the lizardmen. 

No clue. A made up monster pet for the giant? It has minor wings later. 


OK, what or who are these one-eyed wyvern riding dudes? Inspired by the Nazgul maybe? Someone knows, help a guy out and let me know. WAIT, a Nothic? I remember reading about mages that turned into monsters. One eyed? Let's see...

"Nothics were aberrant creatures variously said to have drifted into the Material plane from the Far Realm, or to have been created from wizards who, in their research of arcane secrets, stumbled across a curse left by Vecna (a curse later also used by the lich Acererak[4]). If the latter was true, then nothics retained no awareness of their former selves but were nonetheless driven by half-remembered memories and desires they no longer understood"



Well, these guys in the cartoon seem too human-like, and not crazed, unclothed monsters like Nothics. Something in-between?

These are still my favorite depiction of orcs. More like alligator men by my reckoning. 

Shadow stalkers? Invisible stalkers? Close but wrong I think. I've seen them in one of the monster manuals from way back. Checking... Closed Captions on the Garden of Zinn episode, she called him "Stalker" in that scene. 

Got it, phantom stalker (thanks to the internet searches). 
Our man here references it in the D&D cartoon:

No comments:

Post a Comment