Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2019

D&D article about 5th edition getting more interesting

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/5th-edition-dd-has-gotten-wonderfully-weird/

While I'm not sure if I like the giant ogre that carries a house and goblins on its back (or the goblin chucker)... I do like this article. Of course they are trying to borrow off LOTR movies with the giant Oliphants and the small houses on them... and probably the Plants Vs. Zombies monster that throws small bad guys behind lines. 

Anyway anyway... 5th edition. Still haven't played it, but I have bought several of the books and watch the good ole Dungeon Dudes and their playthrough and general youtubes. Fun stuff. I especially like the way casters have unlimited cantrips that actually do damage and get more powerful as you level up. Sticking to 3.5 for the big campaign the kid is doing though.

And I really love the new beholders that look just like the really old ones. Xanthar's guide shows one:

No comments:

Post a Comment