Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Right so... one old movie my brother and I watched when we were youngins during the Sunday morning Creature Feature (or similar... we had that and we had Kung Fu Theatre) was something I could vaguely remember but could never quite find on the internet. And I do mean I tried to find it several times over the years and many more years. Once in a while I'd spend hours googling "1970s horror movies insect scream kill alien" to no avail. No google, it isn't "The Fly II" or "Invasion of the Bee Girls". There were a few monsters... one was hairy, one was sort of like and insect and when women screamed it bothered it, and I couldn't recall the others. Well a few months ago in 2018, something popped up on Netflix or Amazon Video or something, and BAM!!! it was the movie I had been searching for so many years. What is this amazing piece of B-movie horror you ask? Well I'm coming up blank again, but never fear, I bought the thing on Amazon Prime so I'd "never" lose it again. It is... "Alien..." something. Hang on I'll get it in a minute.

How about this, I'll post a few pictures of random old movies and you can guess what they are. I'll find a way to put the titles near the pictures (how's that for getting fancy in blogging/html/website creation terms, huh?) so  you won't have to scratch your noggin too long.

Here's one that I have never seen, but I had to show it because my God it looks 99.9% like the Hydralisks in Starcraft, the video game by Blizzard... a game that I know too well, but never knew this old movie was an inspiration. Actually it wasn't all that old when Starcraft came out in 1997. 

So this movie is apparently called Dead Space (1991). 

Now for the one I keep talking about, the poster with the title removed: 



No, nothing yet? Let's try these picts:

Image result for THE ALIEN FACTOR





Nothing eh? It's call Alien Factor or The Alien Factor, released in 1978. And yes, there is a Blu Ray of the thing now! Human memory is such a strange thing... when I watched it again probably 38 years after I had originally seen it, much of it was quite different. But then again, much of it really was as I recalled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment